Friday, April 30, 2010

Tech- done, studio- ALMOST done!!

4.27.10
Today we had our presentation for the people who work at Kiplin Hall. It wasn’t a typical presentation in the sense that none of the people had any previous architectural experience so we decided to make it more of a history presentation. We each shared information on the time period we were focusing on and the precedents we studied then only briefly described our initial designs for the walled garden. When all was said and done they actually really enjoyed the presentation- they all had their lives invested in Kiplin Hall and worked there everyday so it definitely had its relevance.
After we worked on the tech review so we could go over it with DuPuy at 5- it seems pretty straightforward so hopefully the exam isn’t too hard tomorrow. I need an 84 to get an A….
We watched another episode of Brideshead Revisited later and then I did some internet work- not looking forward to the exam tomorrow morning!

4.28.10
I woke up early for the exam so I went for a run. Exam was kind of difficult- its just a matter of how quickly you can find everything in the book because the questions Bovill asks us we would never have memorized, they’re too specific.
The weather was amazing so everyone who took the exam in the first round sat outside and read/played badmitten all afternoon. I’m almost done with the next Sherlock Holmes mystery- I need to move on to Jane Austen before we go to Scotland! We had a group dinner outside on the patio table set I cleaned and set up from the shed. DuPuy supplied the G&T’s and we watched another episode of Brideshead after. We started to watch Love Actually but I had to go to bed- too tired.

4.29.10
Woke up around 5 am in need of water- Justin was in the same boat...interesting. Woke up for tech with a headache- whoops. We played a round of soccer; most people seemed to be pretty tired though so we didn’t play for too long. Sara, DuPuy and I went into Richmond for a bit to use the internet and run errands. When we got back I tried to do some quick tough-ups on my garden project to procrastinate revisiting project one until after dinner. I was proud of myself for dinner. I made lamb, seasoned with ground pepper and sea salt, and sautéed vegetables- broccoli, onion, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and balsamic- delicious. After I forced myself to work on project one. I actually got pretty into it and somewhat resolved my plans. After that though I lost steam and went to do other work. Hopefully I will be able to convince myself to work more on it later tonight…

No comments:

Post a Comment