Monday, February 1, 2010

1/31/10 continued...
After coffee+internet we rushed to meet DuPuy at an old fortress right next to Durham cathedral- they changed it into a College!! COuld you imagine having a dorm room and going to classes in an old fortress!? It was amazing too because the ownership had changed a lot overtime and throughout the different design time periods so there were tudor sections, norman sections etc. Then there was this norman chapel that had been found and recovered- it was in amazing shame and very architecturally significant...you should google it. Emma, Sara and I then went to the grocery store and got ingredients for curry and started cooking. We made a group dinner and all sat down for a nice meal. We went into the studio and did some work, then I watched tv with the boys (extreme weather! on bbc) and called it a day.

2/1/10
Today we had tech in the morning after I went running- that class should be interesting- and then drove to Richmond again to pick out our sites and decide the program we want to design there. I ended up choosing a site right across from a football (read-soccer) pitch (read- field) and I am going to design a sort of swimming/sports complex and maybe have a restaurant/bar to come hang out in before and after any football games going on across the road. I'm excited- I'm going to have to do a lot of structure research though to make it legit- should be interesting. I also bought a 10-day pass to go swimming at a 'leisure center' near our house- I need to get in shape. Tonight we are going to see Sherlock Holmes- it should be cool since we were just in London for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment