Sunday, February 7, 2010

Friday- While wandering around Richmond Emma and I went into a Bed and Breakfast her parents are thinking of staying in when they visit- the proprietor was hilarious! He showed us all around the inn like he was trying to sell it to us- I have to admit it was a nice place though. Tonight we watched the Inglorious Bastards- Emma and I got it from the library. I was definitely not expecting it to be that gory, but I loved Brad Pitt’s character.

Saturday- Today was all about the coast, and I am a big fan. The drive was creepy- fog everywhere! We drove through some moors which proved to be great driving scenery, and Dave figured out how to hook my ipod up to the car so it wasn’t all BBC channels. First we went to Whitby- amazing! I love the coast. It was an old port town (Captain Cook was here!) and it was right in the medieval fabric so the street-scape was awesome. We walked along the beach and went out onto this dock- the structural stability of which was pretty dodgy- and found some fish-n-chips. I figured if I was going to have it anywhere it should be in a fishing town. Even so, not a fan. It was way too much fried food for my taste- but at least I tried it I guess. Next we drove to Robin Hood’s Bay- even better! The town was really small and placed on this giant hill/cliff to the views to the water were amazing- tons of great alleys. After exploring for a while and finding some A+ ice cream (way better than Maryland’s ice cream, no joke) we headed back to Kiplin. Trying to do studio worked was a lost cause so we printed out a plan for our site model and played rummy and watched The Deer Hunters- totally depressing. Went to bed too late to wake up to go running in the morning- were playing soccer tomorrow though so its totally ok….

Sunday- Early rise to get on the road to York. Love the city- there is a whole section of shops and cafes that are limited to pedestrian walking so it gives the feeling of a very leisurely city- even though it’s the most developed town we’ve been to since London. We were given a free three hours to roam around the town and find internet until we meet at the cathedral to go home. Currently sitting in a great cafĂ©- great music, I kind of want to ask what the mix is…

No comments:

Post a Comment